Tuesday, March 22, 2016

10 Things on Tuesday

Some people argue that Tuesdays are worse than Mondays-- on Mondays, one might still be feeling great from the weekend, but by Tuesday, that has worn off.  I wouldn't say that Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week, but there are times when it definitely feels like my longest day of the week.  So I've decided to start a new series to focus on the good things about Tuesday-- each Tuesday I will post 10 things that I am loving that week, in no particular order.

1.  Flavor God
I recently started using Flavor God for cooking and I love it!  As someone who meal preps, somethings my meals get boring, especially later in the week.  Flavor God has changed that-- with a variety of flavors, I can turn boring into delicious.  I have tried five different flavors and so far, chipotle is my favorite.  I can't wait to try more.  Head over to Flavor God and check it out for yourself.  (and if you follow them on social media, they frequently post deals to save you some money)



2.  Trails
Spring has sprung and I have been enjoying some more time outdoors.  And I am loving running the trails.  I am fortunate enough to live near some pretty awesome ones.  I am looking forward to more trail runs and can't wait to sign up for an official one this year.



3.  Starbucks' Caramelized Honey Latte
Coffee is my vice and I stopped by Starbucks today for an afternoon treat.  I decided to try their new drink and I was not disappointed.  It is delicious!  



4.  Momentum Jewelry
About a year ago, I was introduced to Momentum Jewelry, primarily their Motivate Wraps.  A pendant adorns a fabric wrap-- for the pendant, you can pick a listed motivational phrase or create your own.  They have found their way from my running wardrobe into my everything wardrobe.  I even Shared the Spark earlier this month my BRFs.  To learn more about Sharing the Spark, check out Momentum Jewelry.  



5.  My BRFs
My BRFs (best running friends) motivate me everyday.  We share group messages, venting about life, sharing our successes and sometimes just laughing at our own silliness.  I was fortunate enough to meet this group of women at a race last year and we've been friends ever since.  We all live in different cities and I can't wait we're reunited in person again in November!

6.  #RunChat
Each Sunday night, #RunChat happens on Twitter.  It's a fun way to meet new runners, answer some questions, learn new things and occasionally win some prizes.  I was lucky enough to win two weeks ago-- I won an entry and hotel stay for the Laughlin Half Marathon in December.  Two states and two time zones in one race-- how awesome is that?!  Check out all the fun of #RunChat this Sunday at 5:00 PST. (Make sure you follow them on Twitter for all the up to date information)


7.  Being #RunMatchy
If you've seen my pre-race #FlatJenn pictures, you know I like to color coordinate.  I don't do that just for race events-- it's a regular thing for me when I'm getting my run on.  It's made easier by all the color options offered by my favorite sock, ProCompression.


8.  Chicken & Waffles
Up until last week, I had never had Chicken & Wafflers.  The idea of it didn't appeal to me.  Last week, when I was driving home from my race expo, I decided to try a new restaurant that had opened up near me, Da Chicken Coop.  (It's partner restaurant is Coop's, which features the best BBQ I've found outside of Texas)  I decided to try their chicken & wafflers-sold!  Why had I never tried this before.  Served with a tasty hot sauce and syrup, it was the perfect combination.  I may have found my new favorite way to carb load before a race.


Larabar
If you've ever had Larabars, you know how delicious they are.  My favorite are the Cherry Pie and Apple Pie flavors.  They perfect for midday snacks or for nutrition during a hike.  



Spring
I love that Spring is here.  With the recent rains in Southern California, nature is a beautiful site.  Flowers are in bloom and trees look greener than they have in a while.  I love exploring all the beautiful colors out there!  



What things are you loving right now?  Anything you think I should try?

Until next time, happy running!

Jenn13.1

1 comment:

  1. Love it. All of it! I want to go to chicken and waffles. I assume no GF options? :-)

    ReplyDelete

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...