Monday, December 19, 2016

Ultra Training: Week Eight

Week eight of my Ultra Training felt a lot better than week seven.  Two months in and I’m looking forward to increasing my distance-- I am starting to notice a difference in my runs and although I was apprehensive about having a schedule at the beginning of my training, I love it now!

Sunday
I still wasn’t feeling 100% better from being sick on Saturday and contemplating increasing my mileage since I missed my long run on Saturday.  I decided to stick to my scheduled four miles and made my way down to the harbor to run.  It’s a beautiful place to run and there’s also an ornament shop down there which would be perfect to pick up my ornament for the #WeRunSocial ornament exchange.  So the fours miles were quite productive—I ran the miles, picked up an ornament and even stopped for a donut.  The only thing missing was Jenny and Smitha since I usually run down at the harbor with them!



Monday
I started Monday with a 5am run.  Yes, it’s early but it’s also great to start your day with the run.  I was finished with my weekly miles before 6am! And I ran with an awesome group of women—I love the people I’ve met through running.



Tuesday
Tuesday found me out on the trails and it was a beautiful morning.  I always feel better after I get some dirt beneath my feet.  



Wednesday
Wednesday’s are my “rest” day and have a short run scheduled.  I love the break that running an easy 1-2 miles gives me.  It was a beautiful day at the lake and it was the perfect opportunity to try out some new sunglasses I picked up at a local running store.  (I’ll be doing a review of those soon!) 



Thursday
Thursday was another day for the trails and it was another awesome run.  Although we ran into a pack of coyotes, changing our planned run course but sometimes the unplanned runs are the best ones.  It was another great since miles on the trails and we explored some “new to us” paths.


Friday
It doesn’t rain often in San Diego yet when it does, it pours! (Which is all relative because I’ve been in other places where our pour is just a drizzle) I had three miles scheduled and the forecast was showing that it was going to stop raining around 1pm.  When it didn’t look like that was going to happen, I decided to put on all my rain gear and head out for my run.  I love rainy day runs and although I was soaked by the end of it, it was a great run.  



Saturday
What a difference a day makes in the weather for San Diego!  I headed out for five miles on Saturday and it was a beautiful day.  I was in a tank and enjoying the sunshine.  I took the miles easy because I had a half marathon the next day, but it felt great. 



Total Weekly Miles: 28.7

It finally feels like things are starting to click in my training.  My runs are consistently feeling good.  I hope you had a great running week!

Until next time, happy running.
Jenn13.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...