- It's San Diego and it's beautiful. Taking place in Mission Bay, it is a pretty course.
|Mission Bay, San Diego|
- The one course entertainment is better than most. There are several Hawaiian bands and dance groups on the course. And because it's an out and back course, you get to experience them twice!
- The "expo" area with booths and entertainment is good for this small race. They have more to offer than most larger races.
- The volunteers were amazing! From the water stations to cheering us on, I appreciate all that they do.
|Aloha Run Medal, 2015|
- The course is way too narrow for an out and back route. You have runners in both directions on one sidewalk, with very minimal course control. This caused quite a bit of runner congestion at several areas on the course. There were several times I felt "stuck" and definitely felt like it slowed me down.
- The weather, which I know isn't a controllable factor of the race organizers. But I'm wondering if it would be possible to start this race a little earlier (7:00am instead of 7:30am) The last two years were extremely hot, and although this year was a little better (the humidity level helped with that), a 30 minute change in the start time could definitely make a difference.
Overall this is still a fun race and I will continue to participate in it. It reminds me of how far I've come in my running journey and how far I still want to go. It's also a great reminder of why I started running. Sometimes it's fun to go back to where it all started and that's what this race is for me.
Aloha and Happy Running!