Sunday, September 13, 2015

Disneyland Half Marathon Recap

After running the Disneyland 10K, I was ready for the Half Marathon event on Sunday! It was another early wake-up call, with the race starting at 5:30am.  The pre-race festivities were so much fun-- there was almost a fight between good and evil!  Thank goodness all the characters realized they need to work together! 
Classic Minnie
With Carlee (@carleeemcdot) before the Half
Pre-Race Fun!
After the pre-race show, I headed over to my corral and waited for the race to begin.  Disney doesn't do anything small and this morning's National Anthem was awesome and included fireworks!  And then we were off and running.

The Half Marathon starts in the parks-- once again we started in California Adventure.  Seeing the World of Color without all the crowds was awesome! After we made our way through California Adventure, we went into Disneyland.  It was fun to see more "behind the scenes" action and the course support was awesome.  RunDisney also did an awesome job with hydration stations and crowd control at the stations.  A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers who helped make the race possible for the runners.  





After running through the parks, we ran through the streets of Anaheim.  I loved the course entertainment here, from the classic car show to the dance groups out there cheering us one.  At mile 9, we entered Angels stadium and this was another highlight of the race-- how often do you get to run on a MLB field and have the Girls Scouts & Boys Scouts cheering you on?!   After a couple more miles, me made our way back to Disneyland, ending the race near the Disneyland hotel.  The finish line area was super efficient and I was impressed with how smoothly everything went here.  
Disneyland Half Marathon Medal

Dumbo Double Dare Medal

After collecting my bling and hydration, I went back to my hotel to shower and head back to the parks for a few more hours of fun.  I had a great weekend with RunDisney and can't wait for my next adventure in November with the Gauntlet Challenge.  Now I just need costume ideas........




Happy Running.
Jenn13.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...