Thursday, August 25, 2016

Friday Favorites

Can you believe it's Friday- where did this week go?!  This week has gone by fast, but I still had time to enjoy some of my new favorite things.

Glukos

Earlier this year, it became harder to find my favorite energy gel.  I began my quest to find my new favorite but wasn't having much luck.  I discovered Glukos at Rock N Roll San Diego-- they are the official energy provider for the race series and had an awesome deal at the race expo, so I gave it a try. It was love at first try!  I don't like to try anything new on race day, so I used it on training runs.  It was doing exactly what I needed it to do.  It officially became "my gel" during America's Finest City Half Marathon.  If you haven't tried it before, check out all their products at Glukos.  Still hot where you live?  A little secret I learned from Jenny-- freeze the gels before your run.  It becomes a slushy treat perfect for warmer temperatures.  
Photo Credit: Glukos

Impromptu Trips to Disneyland

I am a planner-- if I was planning a trip to Disneyland, I'd know about it weeks ahead of time.  Last Thursday, I was talking to my friend who was going to Disneyland on Friday.  She said, "Come with us" and I thought why not. So early Friday morning we headed up there for the day and it was a blast!  We explored California Adventure first, riding the new Soarin' and watching the new Frozen show-- as sad as I was to see Aladin go, I really did enjoy the show. After a quick ride through Radiator Springs, we headed over to Disneyland for the rest of the day.  From a few rides to character pictures, so much fun!  Sometimes the best days are the ones you don't plan.




Garmin's Face-It App

I love my Garmin Forerunner 235.  One of my favorite features has been the downloadable faces from the Connect IQ store.  Last week, Garmin released a new app where you can create your own watch face from your pictures.  How fun is that?!  After downloading the app from the App Store, you upload your pictures, decide if you want digital or analog and sync to your watch.  So easy!  I think I've changed my watch face every day just because I can.  (The app isn't compatible with every Garmin watch, so you'll need to check the app to see if it will work for yours.). 




Water

As a runner, I know how important hydration is.  It's also been one of my biggest challenges. When two of my friends, Toni and Julian, decided to host hydration challenges, I said "Sign me up!"  One was a seven day challenge which included exercises and one was a fourteen day challenge.  Both challenges had accountability groups on Facebook where we had to post pictures of us drinking our water-- I don't know about you, but when I have a measure of accountability, I am much more successful.  So I drank my water and posted my pictures every day.  It worked-- I got in my required ounces each day and found myself reaching for water even when other options were available.  It was also fun to see everyone else's pictures and see their progress. (Toni and Julian will be doing challenges again so if it's something that seems like it's for you, check out their pages.)  The challenges are both over but I'm still drinking my water.  


Post run hydration. 


What are some of the things you're loving this week?

Until next time, happy running!
Jenn13.1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...