Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Favorites

Don't you love four day work weeks? I think every Monday should be a holiday.  It's Friday again and here's a few of the things I've been loving this week.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I believe there are two types of people- those who love pumpkin spice lattes and those who hate them.  I am on Team PSL and I love that it's Fall again at Starbucks.  I know Fall doesn't officially start for a couple of weeks, but the PSL is one of my favorites.  It's a little taste of happy in a cup.  (I prefer them cold with an add shot and two extra pumps of pumpkin.)


Road ID

As a runner, I am always concerned about my safety.  Whether I'm running a race or running with friends, I want to be prepared for the "what ifs." RoadID helps me with that.  With my name, age, emergency contact and important medical information readily available my RoadID bracelet talks for me in case there's ever a situation in which I can't talk.



Photo Credit: Road ID
   
There are several RoadID options available.  I prefer the slim wrist ID and have several band colors so I can still be #RunMatchy.  I know that a bracelet doesn't replace being aware of my surroundings and other safety issues, but it definitely helps ease my mind.  Frankly, I hope to never have to use my Road ID bracelet.  But I like knowing that it's there just in case.



Cooler Weather

I've gone out a few times this week and have actually needed a hoodie.  It's finally a bit cooler in San Diego and I love it! (What's with the heat wave on the West Coast?!). I know San Diego doesn't experience weather changes the same way other places do-- I'm very weather spoiled and my "cooler" for needing a hoodie was 60 degrees.  

Running Blogs

It seems silly to ask if you read running blogs because you're reading this, but do you?  I love being inspired by other runners and their adventures.  I'm blessed to have met some of the bloggers I read in person and they are just as fantastic in real life as they are online.  My list of blogs I love is too long to post here (and I'm afraid I would forget one the same way people forget to thank people in their Oscar speeches) so I'm asking for your help.  What are some of your favorite running blogs?

Until next time, happy running.
Jenn13.1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...