Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Run Streak- Day 100

A few weeks ago, I posted about my run streak.  (If you missed that post, you can read it here.) At that time, I said my plan was to streak for 100 days.  Well today, I reached 100 days-- here are some of the things I've enjoyed most about the streak.





#RUN619
A couple months ago, the local running Store Movin' Shoes started a Friday morning running group.  We meet at Heartwork Coffee Bar at 6:19am, run a few miles, have coffee and then continue onto our Fridays.  This Friday morning run has become one of my favorites.  The miles are always great and the other runners have pushed me to be a stronger, faster runner.  It's a great group of people who are supportive of every runner with us, regardless of pace.  And who doesn't like to start their Friday with a good cup of coffee?!  If you're ever in the San Diego area on a Friday morning, join us!





Trail Running
In the past 100 days, I've run more trails than I have the entire time I've been running.  I'm discovering a love of trail running-- it's the perfect combination of running and the beautiful trails in San Diego County.   


Running Happy
Before I started my run streak, I felt as though I had reached a fork in the road with my running-- I wasn't loving it as much as I had been and I needed to make a decision on which way to go.  With my run streak, it made that decision easier-- I had to run.  Soon enough the idea that "I have to run" changed into "I get to run."  I was enjoying the run again.  I was running happy.


So I've reached the 100th day of my Run Streak-- I've run at least one mile every day for the past 100 days. 100 days, 433 miles.  Now what?


I'm going to keep on streaking.  When I originally started my streak, I said 30 days.  That changed to 50 which then changed to 100.  I've decided that until I'm unable to, I'm going to keep running. 


Until next time, happy running!
Jenn13.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...