Monday, November 14, 2016

Ultra Training: Week Three

Going into week three of my training, I knew it was going to be a busy week.  I was getting ready for a mini-vacation and had last minute costume making for my runDisney weekend, so I definitely appreciated having a plan.  Since I was running with a schedule, there was no question as to how much I had to run.  I’ve mentioned the past two weeks that I was still adjusting to running according to scheduled mileage and this is the week it finally became what I was used to.

Sunday
I ran in the morning and after a fun on the trails the day before, I kept an easy pace.  I had an upcoming race weekend and I didn’t want to push myself too hard leading up to it.  



Monday
Another easy run but I can’t help but wonder what is going on with the weather in Southern California.  It’s be unseasonably warm and running in warm weather is not my favorite.  



Tuesday
I woke up early and got my run in.  I’m learning that running in the mornings is when I do do best.  And it’s a great way to start my day!



Wednesday
I was scheduled five miles on Wednesday.  I did not run five miles.  I ran to keep my streak going, but my heart just wasn’t in it.  This both frustrated and disappointed me, but I also knew that if I forced myself to run the full five miles, it would feel forced.  I never want to get to a point in my running that it's forced and no longer what I want to do.

Thursday
Today's the day to start my runDisney weekend so I squeezed in an easy mile before heading up to Anaheim for all the fun.  The day before I received my first pair of gaiters so of course I had to take them for a test run. 



Friday
I ran the runDisney Captain American 5K (recap coming soon).  All the fun was had and all the pictures were taken.



Saturday
Another fun runDisney day with the Dr Strange 10K (recap coming soon). More fun and more pictures!



Total Weekly Mileage: 23.4

I feel like my mileage was low this week, but I’m glad to have the miles done and I’m looking forward to week four of my training.  

Until next time, happy running
Jenn13.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...