Sunday, November 6, 2016

Ultra Training: Week Two

The past few days I’ve been so inspired by everyone getting ready to run the New York Marathon and running Wine & Dine at Walt Disney World.  It's easier to get your run on when you’re seeing so much awesome happen.  I finished week two of my Ultra Training and although my training is still in the very early stages, I’m feeling really good about it.  Week two was filled with running friends and new friends—those are the best kinds of weeks.

Sunday
I started my week off with the Rock n Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon.  Although all the fun was had, it wasn’t my best race.  You can read all about it here.




Monday
Although I was still a little sore from Sunday, I couldn’t pass up a Halloween #Runch with Jenny and Smitha.  Running with friends is the best.  It was an easy paced run and I was able to get in touch with my inner emoji.  



Tuesday
Tuesday called for a short run and I kept it short.  I used my short run days as “rest days,” keeping an easy pace for 1-2 miles.  It’s enough to keep my run streak going and my legs loose, but it’s not too much to wear me out.

Wednesday
I met up with Jenny for another #Runch date.  For some reason, I struggled a lot during this run.  I can’t quite pinpoint what wasn’t right but I also know that not every run will be a good run.  




Thursday
Another easy, short run.  Like last week, I added some strength exercises to this run.  I was actually able to get a few push-ups done—this is a huge improvement for me and I look forward to being able to do more.  




Friday
I usually start my Friday with a group run—it’s one of my favorite runs and I was bummed when I overslept and missed it.  Although running later than I had planned, I found myself on the trails of a local mountain to get my miles in.  When I was out there, I met a hiking club  that had traveled to hike the mountain.  We chatted for a bit and I learned the oldest woman in the group was 80.  I love that they still have adventures and I hope I still have that when I’m that age.



Saturday
I woke up early Saturday morning to head out to the trails.  I was so dark when we started and I was certainly glad to have my Run Lites gloves.  It was a little eery when you could shine the light into the distance and see critter eyes staring back at you.  My legs were a little tight, but it felt good to get some solid miles in on the trails.  We were also able to find a few little pockets of fall.



Weekly Total Miles:  37.55

I’m still getting used to having a running schedule but I feel a lot better about it this week.  Again, I am trusting the process.  I’m looking forward to seeing what week three brings.  We've had little glimpses of fall here and I'm hoping for cooler weather soon. Maybe I'll find that in week three. 

What's the weather like where you live?  Have you brought out your fall/winter running clothes yet?

Until next time, happy running.
Jenn13.1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Balance More

It is sometimes said that “less is more,” so when NewBalance  released their new shoe, More, I was intrigued to find out if sometimes “more...